Montgomery County, Kentucky Records
Montgomery County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on December 14, 1796 from Clark County. The county was named in honor of Richard Montgomery (1736–1775), military general killed at the Battle of Quebec.
Montgomery County Cities and Towns include Camargo, Jeffersonville, Mount Sterling.
A Map of Montgomery County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Montgomery County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Montgomery County, KY Courthouse
The Montgomery County Courthouse is located in Mount Sterling, Kentucky. Fires on 4 Mar 1851 and 2 Dec 1863 destroyed many records. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Montgomery county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Montgomeryd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1852, Land Records from 1797 and Probate Records from 1797 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Montgomery County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1841. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Montgomery County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Montgomery County Elected Officials
- Monroe County Health Department
Montgomery County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Montgomery County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Montgomery County, Kentucky Resources
- Montgomery County Historical Society, P.O. Box 861, Mt. Sterling KY 40353
- William B Harlan Memorial Library
- Montgomery County, Kentucky Message Boards
Montgomery County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Montgomery County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Montgomery Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Benjamin & Priscilla Martin of Montgomery & Powell Co, KY
- Montgomery County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Montgomery County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Montgomery Co. KYGenweb
- Montgomery County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Montgomery County, Kentucky Military Records