Monroe County, Kentucky Records
Monroe County is bordered by Barren County (northwest), Metcalfe County (northeast), Cumberland County (east), Clay County, Tennessee (southeast), Macon County, Tennessee (southwest), Allen County (west).
Monroe County Cities and Towns include Fountain Run, Gamaliel, Tompkinsville.
A Map of Monroe County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Monroe County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Monroe County, KY Courthouse
The Monroe County Courthouse is located in Tompkinsville, Kentucky. Records were lost in courthouse fires on 22 Apr 1863 and in 1888. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Monroe county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Monroed County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1863, Land Records from 1863 and Probate Records from 1861 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Monroe County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1862. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Monroe County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Monroe County Elected Officials
Monroe County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Monroe County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Monroe County, Kentucky Resources
Monroe County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Monroe County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Monroe Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Monroe County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Monroe County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Monroe Co. KYGenweb
- Monroe County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Monroe County, Kentucky Military Records