Menifee County, Kentucky Records
Menifee County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on May 29, 1869 from Powell County, Wolfe County, Bath County, Morgan County and Montgomery County. The county was named in honor of Richard H. Menefee, United States Congressman from Kentucky (1837–1839) .
Menifee County Cities and Towns include Denniston, Frenchburg, Korea, Mariba, Means, Pomeroyton, Scranton, Sudith, Wellington.
A Map of Menifee County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Menifee County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Menifee County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Menifee county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Menifee County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1869, Land Records from 1869 and Probate Records from 1870 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Menifee County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1869. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Menifee County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Menifee County Elected Officials
Menifee County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Menifee County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Menifee County, Kentucky Resources
- Menifee County Roots, P.O. Box 114, Frenchburg KY 40322
- Menifee County, Kentucky Message Boards
Menifee County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Menifee County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Menifee Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Menifee County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Menifee County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Menifee Co. KYGenweb
- Menifee County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Menifee County, Kentucky Military Records