Marshall County, Kentucky Records
Marshall County Cities and Towns include Benton, Calvert City, Hardin, Possum Trot.
A Map of Marshall County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Marshall County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Marshall County, KY Courthouse
The Marshall County Courthouse is located in Benton, Kentucky. Records were lost in two courthouse disasters in 1888 and Dec 1914. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Marshall county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Marshalld County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1848, Land Records from 1848 and Probate Records from 1848 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Marshall County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1848. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Marshall County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Marshall County Elected Officials
- Marshall County Health Department
Marshall County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Marshall County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Marshall County, Kentucky Resources
- Marshall County Archives - Genealogical and Historical Society
- Marshall County, Kentucky Message Boards
Marshall County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Marshall County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Marshall Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Marshall County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Marshall County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Marshall Co. KYGenweb
- Marshall County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Marshall County, Kentucky Military Records