Magoffin County, Kentucky Records
Magoffin County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on February 22, 1860 from Floyd County, Johnson County and Morgan County. The county was named in honor of Beriah Magoffin, twenty-first Governor of Kentucky (1859–1862) .
Magoffin County Cities and Towns include Salyersville, Royalton, Elsie.
A Map of Magoffin County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Magoffin County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Magoffin County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Magoffin county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Magoffin County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1860, Land Records from 1860 and Probate Records from 1860 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Magoffin County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1860. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Magoffin County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Magoffin County Elected Officials
Magoffin County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Magoffin County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Magoffin County, Kentucky Resources
- Magoffin County Historical Society
- Magoffin County Public Library, 141 Church Street, Salyersville KY, 41465; (606) 349-2411
- Magoffin County, Kentucky Message Boards
Magoffin County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Magoffin County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Magoffin Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Magoffin County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Magoffin County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Magoffin Co. KYGenweb
- Magoffin County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Magoffin County, Kentucky Military Records