Leslie County, Kentucky Records
Leslie County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on March 29, 1878 from Clay County, Harlan County and Perry County. The county was named in honor of Preston Leslie, twenty-sixth Governor of Kentucky (1871–1875) .
Leslie County Cities and Towns include Hyden, Stinnett, Wooton, Hoskinston, Hell for Certain.
A Map of Leslie County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Leslie County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Leslie County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Leslie county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Leslie County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1878, Land Records from 1879 and Probate Records from 1873 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Leslie County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1866. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Leslie County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Leslie County Elected Officials
Leslie County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Leslie County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Leslie County, Kentucky Resources
- Leslie County Historical Society, Leslie County Library, P.O. Box 498, Hyden KY 41749
- Leslie County, Kentucky Message Boards
Leslie County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Leslie County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Leslie Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Leslie County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Leslie County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Leslie Co. KYGenweb
- Leslie County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Leslie County, Kentucky Military Records