Lee County, Kentucky Records
Lee County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on March 1, 1870 from Owsley County, Breathitt County, Wolfe County and Estill County. The county was named in honor of Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee, Revolutionary War hero and Governor of Virginia .
Lee County Cities and Towns include Beattyville.
A Map of Lee County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lee County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Lee County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lee county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Lee County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1870, Land Records from 1870 and Probate Records from 1870 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Lee County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1870. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Lee County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Lee County Elected Officials
Lee County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lee County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Lee County, Kentucky Resources
- Lee County Historical & Genealogical Society, PO Box V, Beattyville, KY 41311
- Lee County, Kentucky Message Boards
Lee County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Lee County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Lee Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Lee County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Lee County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Lee Co. KYGenweb
- Lee County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Lee County, Kentucky Military Records