Kenton County, Kentucky Records
Kenton County Cities and Towns include Bromley, Covington, Crescent Springs, Crestview Hills, Edgewood, Elsmere, Erlanger, Fairview, Fort Mitchell, Fort Wright, Independence, Kenton Vale, Lakeside Park, Latonia Lakes, Ludlow, Park Hills, Ryland Heights, Taylor Mill, Villa Hills, Visalia.
A Map of Kenton County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Kenton County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Kenton County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Kenton county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Kenton County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1840, Land Records from 1840 and Probate Records from 1840 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Kenton County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1840. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Kenton County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Kenton County Elected Officials
Kenton County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Kenton County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Kenton County, Kentucky Resources
Kenton County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Kenton County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Kenton Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Kenton County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Kenton County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Kenton Co. KYGenweb
- Kenton County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Kenton County, Kentucky Military Records