Hardin County, Kentucky Records
Hardin County is bordered by Harrison County, Indiana (north), Jefferson County (northeast), Bullitt County (northeast), Nelson County (east), LaRue County (southeast), Hart County (south), Grayson County (southwest), Breckinridge County (west), Meade County (northwest).
Hardin County Cities and Towns include Elizabethtown, Glendale, Fort Knox, Radcliff, Sonora, Upton - Partly in LaRue County), Vine Grove, West Point, Cecilia, Rineyville, Eastview, Stephensburg.
A Map of Hardin County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Hardin County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Hardin County, KY Courthouse
The Hardin County Courthouse is located in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. A fire destroyed records on 23 Dec 1864, and on 6 Dec 1932. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hardin county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Hardind County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1793, Land Records from 1793 and Probate Records from 1793 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Hardin County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1793. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Hardin County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Hardin County Elected Officials
Hardin County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Hardin County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Hardin County, Kentucky Resources
- Hardin County Historical Society
- Revolutionary War Roundtable
- Ancestral Trails Historical Society
- Hardin County, Kentucky Message Boards
Hardin County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Hardin County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Hardin Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Hardin County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Hardin County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Hardin Co. KYGenweb
- Hardin County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Hardin County, Kentucky Military Records