Harrison County, Kentucky Records
Harrison County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on December 21, 1793 from Bourbon County and Scott County. The county was named in honor of Benjamin Harrison (1726–1791), co-author of the Kentucky Constitution .
Harrison County is bordered by Pendleton County (north), Bracken County (northeast), Robertson County (northeast), Nicholas County (southeast), Bourbon County (southeast), Scott County (southwest), Grant County (northwest).
Harrison County Cities and Towns include Berry, Cynthiana, Leesburg.
A Map of Harrison County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Harrison County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Harrison County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Harrison county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Harrisond County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1794, Land Records from 1794 and Probate Records from 1794 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Harrison County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1794. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Harrison County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Harrison County Elected Officials
Harrison County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Harrison County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Harrison County, Kentucky Resources
- The Harrison County Historical Society
- Cynthiana-Harrison County Museum
- Harrison County, Kentucky Message Boards
Harrison County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Harrison County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Harrison Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Harrison County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Harrison County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Harrison Co. KYGenweb
- Harrison County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Harrison County, Kentucky Military Records