Graves County, Kentucky Records
Graves County is bordered by McCracken County (north), Marshall County (northeast), Calloway County (southeast), Henry County, Tennessee (southeast), Weakley County, Tennessee (south), Hickman County (southwest), Carlisle County (northwest).
Graves County Cities and Towns include Dukedom, Mayfield, Water Valley, Wingo, Fancy Farm, Farmington, Symsonia, Lowes, Kaler, West Viola.
A Map of Graves County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Graves County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Graves County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Graves county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Gravesd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1887, Land Records from 1887 and Probate Records from 1882 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Graves County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1858. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Graves County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Graves County Elected Officials
Graves County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Graves County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Graves County, Kentucky Resources
Graves County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Graves County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Graves Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- THE GRAVES COUNTY, KENTUCKY FAMILY HISTORY FORUM
- Graves County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Graves County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Graves Co. KYGenweb
- Graves County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Graves County, Kentucky Military Records