Estill County, Kentucky Records
Estill County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on February 19, 1808 from Clark County and Madison County. The county was named in honor of James Estill (1750–1782), military captain killed at the Battle of Little Mountain.
Estill County Cities and Towns include Irvine, Ravenna.
A Map of Estill County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Estill County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Estill County, KY Courthouse
The Estill County Courthouse is located in Irvine, Kentucky. Soldiers either set fire to the courthouse or the jail (depending on the source) in Oct 1864. In any case, the courthouse collapsed in 1865. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Estill county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Estilld County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1808, Land Records from 1808 and Probate Records from 1808 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Estill County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1808. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Estill County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Estill County Elected Officials
Estill County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Estill County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Estill County, Kentucky Resources
Estill County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Estill County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Estill Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Estill County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Estill County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Estill Co. KYGenweb
- Estill County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Estill County, Kentucky Military Records