Carlisle County, Kentucky Records
Carlisle County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on May 3, 1886 from Hickman County. The county was named in honor of John G. Carlisle, United States legislator (1877–1889) and Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Carlisle County Cities and Towns include Arlington, Bardwell.
A Map of Carlisle County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Carlisle County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Carlisle County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Carlisle county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Carlisled County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1886, Land Records from 1886 and Probate Records from 1886 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Carlisle County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1886. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Carlisle County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Carlisle County Elected Officials
Carlisle County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Carlisle County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Carlisle County, Kentucky Resources
Carlisle County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Carlisle County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Carlisle Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Carlisle County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Carlisle County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Carlisle Co. KYGenweb
- Carlisle County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Carlisle County, Kentucky Military Records