Campbell County, Kentucky Records
Campbell County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on December 17, 1794 from Harrison County, Mason County and Scott County. The county was named in honor of John Campbell (1735–1799), Revolutionary War colonel .
Campbell County Cities and Towns include Alexandria, Bellevue, California, Claryville, Cold Spring, Crestview, Dayton, Fort Thomas, Highland Heights, Melbourne, Mentor, Newport, Silver Grove, Southgate, Wilder, Woodlawn.
A Map of Campbell County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Campbell County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Campbell County, KY Courthouse
The Campbell County Courthouse is located in Alexandria, Kentucky and Newport, Kentucky.The Courthouse records may be in two different locations depending on the location of the county seat at the time. Both Newport (present county seat) and Alexandria should be searched, and there may be some overlap. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Campbell county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Campbelld County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1795, Land Records from 1795 and Probate Records from 1795 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Campbell County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1791. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Campbell County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Campbell County Elected Officials
Campbell County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Campbell County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Campbell County, Kentucky Resources
- Campbell County Historical and Genealogical Society
- Campbell/Pendleton Historical Group, 37 Homestead Place, Ft. Thomas KY 41075
- Heritage League & Historical Society, 212 Linden Avenue, Southgate KY 41071
- Campbell County, Kentucky Message Boards
Campbell County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Campbell County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Campbell Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Campbell County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Campbell County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Campbell Co. KYGenweb
- Campbell County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Campbell County, Kentucky Military Records