Guidelines and FAQ’s for Volunteers
Requesting Guidelines for Lookups
Our staff has put together this Guide for becoming a volunteer for you to view and read before making any decisions.
The purpose of this site is to help others obtain copies of documents, pictures of tombstones, etc., that can not be obtained easily by those who do not live in the area of their ancestors.
Follow these common rules when volunteering and fulfilling request for lookups.
- Ideally, you should reside in the area for which you volunteer.
- Please read our Frequently Asked Questions for Volunteers below before volunteering.
- Register and create your Profile. Be sure to select volunteer as the role.
- Create a Listing with our automated form or submit a manual listing.
- Automated Listings should be able to be seen immediately, Manual listing forms should be posted within 3 days.
- Your volunteers listing will be located in the Volunteer Directory.
- When you receive a request, please at least acknowledge that you received it and try to give a rough estimate of a timeline if you decide to accept it.
- Most request should completed within two weeks at most.
- If you misplace the request or get a bad email then contact the site admins.
- You may ask for reimbursement for your expenses in fulfilling a request. For example, like copies, printing fees, postage, film or video tape, parking fees, etc.
- If you ask for money for expenses please use paypal or an equivalent service. Never ask for people to send cash or checks by mail.
Frequently Asked Questions for Volunteers