Rich County, Utah Records
Rich County, Utah (Map It) was created on January 29, 1868 from Cache County. The county was named in honor of Charles C. Rich (1809–1883), an Apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Rich County is bordered by Cache County (west), Weber County (southwest), Morgan County (southwest), Summit County (south), Uinta County, Wyoming (southeast), Lincoln County, Wyoming (northeast), Bear Lake County, Idaho (north).
Rich County Cities and Towns include Garden, Garden City, Laketown, Randolph, Woodruff.
A Map of Rich County, Utah contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Rich County, Utah Courthouse Records
Rich County, UT Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Rich county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Rich County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1888 and Birth / Death Records from 1898–1912. Vital Records are also available from the Bear River Health Department or the State Archives. The County Clerk's responsibilities are to conduct Countywide elections, issue marriage licenses, issue business licenses for the unincorporated county.
- Rich County Recorder has Land Records from 1872. The County Recorder's duties include Record, store and retrieve land documents in the public record; Assist the public in locating real property parcels on ownership plats; Assist the public in locating records; Record Military Discharges and provide certified copies of these documents at no charge; Sell copies of documents and plats to the public.
- Rich County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1872 and Court Records from 1872. The County Clerk of District Court duties services include Divorce, Protective Orders, Guardianship and other civil matters.
Rich County, Utah Census Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census and Census Substitutes: 1850-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Rich County, Utah Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1905 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from 1978 to present. see County Clerk for earlier records.
- Locations: Utah Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Utah Office of Vital Records and Statistics, 288 North 1460 West, PO BOX 141012, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-1012
Rich County, Utah Resources
Rich County, Utah External Links
- Utah Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Utah (1690 - 1992)
- Rich County, Utah Books - Amazon
- Rich Co., Utah - FindaGrave
- Rich County History
- Rich County, Utah Links - Cyndi's List
- Rich Co. UTGenweb
- Rich County, Utah Ancestry Database Collections
- Rich County, Utah Military Records