Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Records
Westmoreland County is bordered by Armstrong County (north), Indiana County (northeast), Cambria County (east), Somerset County (southeast), Fayette County (south), Washington County (southwest), Allegheny County (west), Butler County (northwest). A Map of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Westmoreland County Townships include Allegheny, Bell, Cook, Derry, Donegal, East Huntingdon, Fairfield, Hempfield, Ligonier, Loyalhanna, Mount Pleasant, North Huntingdon, Penn, Rostraver, Salem, Sewickley, South Huntingdon, St. Clair, Unity, Upper Burrell, Washington.
Westmoreland County Boroughs include Adamsburronvonmore, Bolivar, Delmont, Derry, Donegal, East Vandergrift, Export, Hunker, Hyde Park, Irwin, Laurel Mountain, Ligonier, Madison, Manor, Mount Pleasant, Murrysville, Nlexandria, New Florence, New Stanton, North Belle Vernon, North Irwin, Oklahoma, Penn, Scottdale, Seward, Smithton, South Greensburg, Southwest Greensburg, Sutersville, Trafford, Vandergrift, West Leechburg, West Newton, Youngstown, Youngwood.
Westmoreland County Cities & Towns include Arnold, Greensburg, Jeannette, Latrobe, Lower Burrell, Monessen, New Kensington. See also Westmoreland County Municipalities Incorporation Dates.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Pennsylvania maps.
Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Westmoreland county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Westmoreland County Recorder of Deeds has Land Records from 1773.
- Westmoreland County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts has Court & Divorce Records from 1773.
- Westmoreland County Register of Wills/ Orphan's Court Clerk has Marriage & Probate Records from 1773 and Birth & Death Records from before Jan 1906.
- Westmoreland County Tax Assessor Office has tax records.
Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Census Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: 1906 to present.
- Marriage Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Divorce Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Locations: Pennsylvania Office of Vital Statistics, Pennsylvania State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Division of Vital Records, 101 South Mercer Street, Central Building, Room 401, New Castle, PA 16103; PH (724) 656-3100
Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Resources
- Pennsylvania Archives - Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission series contains records of pennsylvania, from 1664 to 1780, and includes military, marriage, tax and land records. This is a Free Database.
- Westmoreland County Historical Society
- Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Message Boards
Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania External Links
- Pennsylvania Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Maps of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania - PA D.O.T.
- Historical Newspapers from Pennsylvania (1719 - 1997)
- The Valley Independent (Monessen, Pennsylvania)
- The Monessen Daily Independent (Monessen, Pennsylvania)
- Daily Independent (Monessen, Pennsylvania)
- Mon Valley Report (Monessen, Pennsylvania)
- Mon Valldvertiser (Monessen, Pennsylvania)
- Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Books - Amazon
- Births, baptisms (3683) of the First Lutheran Church, Westmoreland County, Greensburg, Pennsylvania, 1792-1853
- Abstracts of wills, Bible records
- Wills & letters of administrations of Westmoreland County Court House, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- Westmoreland County, PA Census QuickFacts
- Tombstone inscriptions of cemeteries in Cook, Donegal, East Huntington, Hempfield, Mount Pleasant, and Unity Townships
- Inscriptions of the Unity Presbyterian Church cemetery, Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pa.
- Tombstone inscriptions, cemeteries, Mount Pleasant Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
- West Newton Cemetery, Westmoreland Co., Pa.
- Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania - FindaGrave
- History of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
- History of the county of Westmoreland, Pennsylvania,
- History of Greensburg (Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania) and Greensburg schools
- A bibliography of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
- Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Links - Cyndi's List
- Westmoreland Co. PAGenweb
- Westmoreland Co. Data Collections
- Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania Military Records