Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Records
Lebanon County, Pennsylvania (Map It) was created on February 16, 1813 from Dauphin County and Lancaster County. The county was named for, the Biblical term for "White Mountain", which references the piety of the county's Moravian founders .
Lebanon County is bordered by Schuylkill County (northeast), Berks County (east), Lancaster County (south), Dauphin County (west). A Map of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lebanon County Townships include Annville, Bethel, Cold Spring, East Hanover, Heidelberg, Jackson, Millcreek, Nornnville, North Cornwall, North Lebanon, North Londonderry, Sounnville, South Lebanon, South Londonderry, Swatara, Union, West Cornwall, West Lebanon.
Lebanon County Boroughs include Cleona, Cornwall, Jonestown, Mount Gretna, Myerstown, Palmyra, Richland.
Lebanon County Cities & Towns include Lebanon. See also Lebanon County Municipalities Incorporation Dates.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Pennsylvania maps.
Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lebanon county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Lebanon County Recorder of Deeds has Land Records from 1813.
- Lebanon County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts has Court & Divorce Records from 1813.
- Lebanon County Register of Wills/ Orphan's Court Clerk has Marriage & Probate Records from 1813 and Birth & Death Records from before Jan 1906.
- Lebanon County Tax Assessor Office has tax records.
Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Census Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: 1906 to present.
- Marriage Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Divorce Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Locations: Pennsylvania Office of Vital Statistics, Pennsylvania State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Division of Vital Records, 101 South Mercer Street, Central Building, Room 401, New Castle, PA 16103; PH (724) 656-3100
Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Resources
- Pennsylvania Archives - Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission series contains records of pennsylvania, from 1664 to 1780, and includes military, marriage, tax and land records. This is a Free Database.
- Lebanon County Historical Society
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Message Boards
Lebanon County, Pennsylvania External Links
- Pennsylvania Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Maps of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania - PA D.O.T.
- Historical Newspapers from Pennsylvania (1719 - 1997)
- Lebanon Daily News (Lebanon, Pennsylvania)
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Books - Amazon
- Trinity Tuplehocken Reformed Congregation Births, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, 1800-56
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Marriages, 1769-1864: Trinity Tulpehocken Reformed Congregation
- Lebanon Co., Pennsylvania - FindaGrave
- The history of St. John's Reformed Church, 1858-1901
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, 1794-1906: Zoar Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, 1747-1875: Millbach Reformed Congregation
- Heidelberg Congregation, 1765-1864, Schaefferstown, Lebanon County, PA
- Goshert's Zion Lutheran Church, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, 1879-1957
- History of the counties of Dauphin and Lebanon in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, biographical and genealogical
- Biographical annals of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania
- History of the counties of Berks and Lebanon
- A brief history of Schaefferstown
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Links - Cyndi's List
- Lebanon Co. PAGenweb
- Lebanon Co. Data Collections
- The new business directory of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, 1874-75
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Military Records