Crawford County, Pennsylvania Records
Crawford County, Pennsylvania (Map It) was created on March 12, 1800 from Allegheny County. The county was named in honor of William Crawford, surveyor who helped to open trans-Appalachian lands to settlement.
Crawford County is bordered by Erie County (north), Warren County (east), Venango County (southeast), Mercer County (south), Trumbull County, Ohio (southwest), Ashtabula County, Ohio (west). A Map of Crawford County, Pennsylvania contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Crawford County Townships include Athens, Beaver, Bloomfield, Cambridge, Conneaut, Cussewago, East Fairfield, East Fallowfield, East Mead, Fairfield, Greenwood, Hayfield, North Shenango, Oil Creek, Pine, Randolph, Richmond, Rockdale, Rome, Sadsbury, South Shenango, Sparta, Spring, Steuben, Summerhill, Summit, Troy, Union, Venango, Vernon, Wayne, West Fallowfield, West Mead, West Shenango, Woodcock.
AAAAA County Boroughs include Blooming Valley, Cambridge Springs, Centerville, Conneaut Lake, Conneautville, Cochranton, Hydetown, Linesville, Saegertown, Spartansburg, Springboro, Townville, Venango, Woodcock. See also Crawford County Municipalities Incorporation Dates.
Crawford County does have Federal Census Schedules to assist in looking into your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for , 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Crawford County, Pennsylvania Resources
- Pennsylvania Archives - Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission series contains records of pennsylvania, from 1664 to 1780, and includes military, marriage, tax and land records. This is a Free Database.
- Crawford County Historical Society
- Crawford County, Pennsylvania Message Boards
Crawford County, Pennsylvania Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Crawford county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Crawford County Recorder of Deeds has Land Records from 1800.
- Crawford County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts has Court & Divorce Records from 1800.
- Crawford County Register of Wills/ Orphan's Court Clerk has Marriage & Probate Records from 1800 and Birth & Death Records from before Jan 1906.
- Crawford County Tax Assessor Office has tax records.
AAAAA County, Pennsylvania Census Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
AAAAA County, Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: 1906 to present.
- Marriage Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Divorce Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Locations: Pennsylvania Office of Vital Statistics, Pennsylvania State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Division of Vital Records, 101 South Mercer Street, Central Building, Room 401, New Castle, PA 16103; PH (724) 656-3100
Crawford County, Pennsylvania External Links
- Historical Maps of Crawford County, Pennsylvania - PA D.O.T.
- Historical Newspapers from Pennsylvania (1719 - 1997)
- Titusville Morning Herald (Titusville, Pennsylvania)
- Morning Herald (Titusville, Pennsylvania)
- Centennial edition of the Daily tribune-republican of Saturday morning, May 12th, 1888
- Titusville Herald (Titusville, Pennsylvania)
- Crawford County, Pennsylvania Books - Amazon
- Early census records of Crawford County, Pennsylvania.
- Crawford County, PA Census QuickFacts
- Crawford Co., Pennsylvania - FindaGrave
- Crawford County cemetery records.
- A historical sketch of the Independent Congregational Church, Meadville, Pennsylvania
- History of Crawford County, Pennsylvania
- Our county and its people
- Allegheny--a century of education
- Crawford County, Pennsylvania Wiki
- Crawford County, Pennsylvania Links - Cyndi's List
- Crawford Co. PAGenweb
- Crawford Co. Data Collections
- Titusville and Meadville cities and Crawford County directory, 1897-98
- Titusville directory, 1896
- Directory of Crawford County, Pa. for 1871-72
- Titusville directory, 1895
- Directory of Titusville, Penn., 1887-88
- Gazetteer and business directory of Crawford County, Pa. for 1874
- AAAAA County, Pennsylvania Military Records