Cameron County, Pennsylvania Records
Cameron County, Pennsylvania (Map It) was created on March 29, 1860 from Clinton County, Elk County, McKean County and Potter County. The county was named in honor of Simon Cameron, U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania .
Cameron County is bordered by McKean County (north), Potter County (northeast), Clinton County (east), Clearfield County (south), Elk County (west). A Map of Cameron County, Pennsylvania contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Cameron County Townships include Gibson, Grove, Lumber, Portage, Shippen.
Cameron County Boroughs include Driftwood, Emporium. See also Cameron County Municipalities Incorporation Dates.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Pennsylvania maps.
Cameron County, Pennsylvania Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cameron county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. The Cameron County Prothonotary’s Office is actually comprised of 4 county offices. The Prothonotary, Recorder of Deeds, Register of Wills, and Clerk of Courts offices are all combined into one office in the Cameron County Courthouse.
- Cameron County Recorder of Deeds has Land Records from 1860.
- Cameron County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts has Court & Divorce Records from 1860.
- Cameron County Register of Wills/ Orphan's Court Clerk has Marriage & Probate Records from 1863 and Birth & Death Records from before Jan 1906.
- Cameron County Tax Assessor Office has tax records.
Cameron County, Pennsylvania Census Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cameron County, Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: 1906 to present.
- Marriage Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Divorce Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Locations: Pennsylvania Office of Vital Statistics, Pennsylvania State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Division of Vital Records, 101 South Mercer Street, Central Building, Room 401, New Castle, PA 16103; PH (724) 656-3100
Cameron County, Pennsylvania Resources
- Pennsylvania Archives - Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission series contains records of pennsylvania, from 1664 to 1780, and includes military, marriage, tax and land records. This is a Free Database.
- Cameron County Historical Society
- Cameron County, Pennsylvania Message Boards
Cameron County, Pennsylvania External Links
- Pennsylvania Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Maps of Cameron County, Pennsylvania - PA D.O.T.
- Historical Newspapers from Pennsylvania (1719 - 1997)
- Cameron County, Pennsylvania Books - Amazon
- Cameron County, PA Census QuickFacts
- Cameron Co., Pennsylvania - FindaGrave
- History of the counties of McKean, Elk, Cameron and Potter, Pennsylvania
- Cameron County, Pennsylvania Links - Cyndi's List
- Cameron Co. PAGenweb
- Cameron Co. Data Collections
- Cameron County, Pennsylvania Military Records