Walsh County, North Dakota Records
Walsh County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on February 18, 1881 from Grand Forks County. The county was named in honor of George H. Walsh, early settler and one of the founders of the University of North Dakota..
Walsh County Cities and Towns include Grafton, Park River, Minto, Hoople, Fordville, Edinburg, Adams, Forest River, Pisek, Lankin, Ardoch, Fairdale, Conway.
Walsh County Townships include Acton, Adams, Ardoch, Cleveland, Dewey, Dundee, Eden, Farmington, Fertile, Forest River, Glenwood, Golden, Grafton, Harriston, Kensington, Kinloss, Lampton, Latona, Martin, Medford, Nash, Norton, Oakwood, Ops, Perth, Prairie Centre, Pulaski, Rushford, St. Andrews, Sauter, Shepherd, Silvesta, Tiber, Vernon, Vesta, Walsh Centre, Walshville. A Map of Walsh County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Walsh County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Walsh County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Walsh county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Walsh County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1881. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Walsh County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1882, Probate Records from 1881 and Court Records from 1881. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Walsh County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Walsh County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Walsh County, North Dakota Resources
- Walsh County Historical Society
- Walsh County Historical Society & Museum
- Heritage Village at Grafton, 695 West 12th Street, Grafton, ND 58237, 701-352-3280 or 701-520-1207
- Walsh County Historic Preservation Commission, Red River Regional Council, Chase Building, 516 Cooper Ave., Suite 101, Grafton, ND 58237, 701-352-3550
- Walsh County, North Dakota Message Boards
Walsh County, North Dakota External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Walsh County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Walsh Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Walsh County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Walsh Co. NDGenweb
- Walsh County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Walsh County, North Dakota Military Records