Ramsey County, North Dakota Records
Ramsey County Cities and Towns include Brocket, Churchs Ferry, Crary, Devils Lake, Edmore, Hampden, Lawton, Starkweather.
Ramsey County Townships include Bartlett, Cato, Chain Lakes, Coulee, Creel, De Groat, Dry Lake, Fancher, Freshwater, Grand Harbor, Hammer, Harding, Highland Center, Hope, Klingstrup, Lawton, Lillehoff, Minnewaukan, Morris, Newbre, Newland, Noonan, North Creel, Northfield, Odessa, Ontario, Overland, Pelican, Poplar Grove, Prospect, Royal, South Minnewaukan, Stevens, Sullivan, Triumph, Webster. A Map of Ramsey County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Ramsey County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Ramsey County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Ramsey county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Ramsey County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1873. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Ramsey County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1887, Probate Records from 1873 and Court Records from 1873. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Ramsey County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Ramsey County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Ramsey County, North Dakota Resources
- Ramsey County Historical Society
- Devils Lake Historic Preservation Commission
- Edmore Historical Society, P. O. Box 8, Edmore, ND 58330-0008, 701-644-2291
- Finnish American Museum, Pioneer Square Community Center, P. O. Box 173, Brocket, ND 58321-0173, 701-655-3620
- Heritage House Museum, 416 6th St., P. O. Box 245, Devils Lake, ND 58301
- Ramsey County, North Dakota Message Boards
Ramsey County, North Dakota External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Ramsey County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Ramsey Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Ramsey County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Ramsey Co. NDGenweb
- Ramsey County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Ramsey County, North Dakota Military Records