McHenry County, North Dakota Records
McHenry County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on January 04, 1873 from Buffalo County in the Dakota Territory. The county was named in honor of James McHenry, one of the area's original settlers..
McHenry County Cities and Towns include Anamoose, Balfour, Bantry, Bergen, Deering, Drake, Granville, Karlsruhe, Kief, Towner, Upham, Velva, Voltaire.
McHenry County Townships include Anamoose, Balfour, Bantry, Berwick, Bjornson, Brown, Cottonwood Lake, Deep River, Deering, Denbigh, Egg Creek, Falsen, Gilmore, Granville, Grilley, Hendrickson, Karlsruhe, Kottke Valley, Lake George, Lake Hester, Land, Layton, Lebanon, Little Deep, Meadow, Mouse River, Newport, Normal, North Prairie, Norwich, Odin, Olivia, Pratt, Riga, Rose Hill, Round Lake, Saline, Schiller, Spring Grove, Strege, Velva, Verendrye, Villard, Voltaire, Wagar, Willow Creek. A Map of McHenry County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
McHenry County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
McHenry County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in McHenry county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- McHenry County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1873. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- McHenry County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1905, Probate Records from 1873 and Court Records from 1873. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
McHenry County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
McHenry County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
McHenry County, North Dakota Resources
- McHenry County Historical Society, c/o Dallas Knudson, 6491 Berwick Lane, Towner, ND 58788-3100, 701-537-5541
- Mouse River Loop Genealogy Society
- McHenry County, North Dakota Message Boards
McHenry County, North Dakota External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- McHenry County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- McHenry Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- McHenry County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- McHenry Co. NDGenweb
- McHenry County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- McHenry County, North Dakota Military Records