Dickey County, North Dakota Records
Dickey County is bordered by LaMoure County (north), Ransom County (northeast), Sargent County (east), Brown County, South Dakota (south), McPherson County, South Dakota (southwest), McIntosh County (west).
Dickey County Cities and Towns include Ellendale, Forbes, Fullerton, Ludden, Monango, Oakes.
Dickey County Townships include Ada, Albertha, Albion, Bear Creek, Clement, Divide, Elden, Ellendale, Elm, German, Grand Valley, Hamburg, Hudson, James River Valley, Kent, Kentner, Keystone, Lorraine, Lovell, Maple, Merricourt, Northwest, Port Emma, Porter, Potsdam, Riverdale, Spring Valley, Valley, Van Meter, Whitestone, Wright, Yorktown, Young.
A Map of Dickey County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Dickey County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Dickey County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Dickey county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Dickey County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1881. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Dickey County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1881, Probate Records from 1881 and Court Records from 1881. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Dickey County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Dickey County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Dickey County, North Dakota Resources
- Dickey County Historical Society
- Ellendale Historical Society, Inc.
- Fullerton Community / Carroll House Historic Hote
- Rosebud Museum ,P. O. Box 27, Fullerton, ND 58441, 701-375-7521
- Whitestone Historical Society, 8692 98th Ave. SE, Monango, ND 58436
- Whitestone Hill State Historic Site, c/o Johnathan Campbell, 612 East Boulevard Ave., Bismarck, ND 58501, 701-328-2666
- Dickey County, North Dakota Message Boards
Dickey County, North Dakota External Links
- North Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Dickey County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Dickey Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- A History of Dickey County, North Dakota
- Dickey County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Dickey Co. NDGenweb
- Dickey County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Dickey County, North Dakota Military Records