Billings County, North Dakota Records
Billings County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on February 10, 1879 from Dakota Territory. The county was named in honor of Frederick H. Billings (1823 - 1890), who was president of the Northern Pacific Railroad..
Billings County Cities and Towns include Medora.
Billings County Townships include Medora.
A Map of Billings County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Billings County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Billings County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Billings county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Billings County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1887, Land Records from 1879, Probate Records from 1879 and Court Records from 1879. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Billings County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Billings County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Billings County, North Dakota Resources
- Billings County Historical Society Museum
- Chateau de Mores State Historic Site,
- North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame, Inc
- Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park - South Unit
- Billings County, North Dakota Message Boards
Billings County, North Dakota External Links
- North Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Billings County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Billings Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Billings County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Billings Co. NDGenweb
- Billings County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Billings County, North Dakota Military Records