Warren County, Illinois Records
Warren County, Illinois (Map It) was created on January 13, 1825 from unorganized land. (Was Attached to Schuyler County from 1825–1826 and Peoria County from 1826–1830). Warren County was named for Joseph Warren (1741-1775), played a role in American Patriot movements, a prominent early fatality in the American Revolutionary War.
Warren County is bordered by Mercer County (north), Knox County (east), Fulton County (southeast), McDonough County (south), Henderson County (west)
Warren County Cities, Towns & Villages include Alexis, Kirkwood, Little York, Monmouth, Roseville.
Warren County Townships include Lenox, Kelly, Floyd, Ellison, Greenbush, Hale, Berwick, Cold Brook, Point Pleasant, Monmouth, Spring Grove, Roseville, Swan, Sumner, Tompkins. View the Warren Federal Township Plats of Illinois from 1804-1891.
A Warren County, Illinois General Highway Maps includes County, City and Township maps which contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Warren County, Illinois Courthouse Records
Warren County, IL Courthouse
The Warren County Courthouse is located in Monmouth, Illinois. Learn More About State of Illinois Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Warren county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Warren County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1831, Birth & Death Records from 1875 and Land Records from 1800. The County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds maintains records and issues certificates of vital statistics (birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates) for the entire County. The Recorder's duties are receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder’s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Warren County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Probate Records from 1830 and Court Records from 1832. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court, commonly known as the Circuit Clerk, is the keeper of the files and records of the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk's Office retains documents some of which include criminal law, chancery, support, probate, adoption, ect....
- Warren County Treasurer's Office is responsible for the statutory duties required as County Treasurer and as Ex-Officio County Collector of Real Estate Property Taxes and Drainage District Taxes for the entire county.
- Local Government Records Database provides a listing of the local governmental records held by the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) system
Warren County, Illinois Census Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1825-1865
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Warren County, Illinois Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1916 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1962 to present.
- Locations: Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702-2737; (217) 782-6553
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Warren County, Illinois Resources
- State of Illinois Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Illinois
- Warren County Genealogical Society, PO Box 761, Monmouth IL 61462-0761
- Warren County Historical Society
- Western Illinois University Region (WIU), Illinois Regional Archives Depository
- Warren County, Illinois Message Boards
Warren County, Illinois External Links
- Illinois Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Map of Warren County and its civil and congressional townships
- Warren County, Illinois Books - Amazon
- Warren Co., Illinois - FindaGrave
- Illinois Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fact Sheet for Warren County - Illinois State Archives
- Warren County, Illinois Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Illinois (1808 - 1922)
- Warren Co. ILGenweb
- Warren County, Illinois Ancestry Database Collections
- Warren County, Illinois Military Records