Saline County, Illinois Records
Saline County is bordered by Hamilton County (north), White County (northeast), Gallatin County (east), Hardin County (southeast), Pope County (south), Johnson County (southwest), Williamson County (west), Franklin County (northwest)
Saline County Cities, Towns & Villages include Carrier Mills, Eldorado, Galatia, Harrisburg, Ledford, Muddy, Raleigh, Stonefort.
Saline County Townships include Harrisburg, Independence, East Eldorado, Galatia, Brushy, Carrier Mills, Cottage, Rector, Raleigh, Long Branch, Mountain, Stone Fort, Tate. View the Saline Federal Township Plats of Illinois from 1804-1891.
A Saline County, Illinois General Highway Maps includes County, City and Township maps which contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Saline County, Illinois Courthouse Records
Saline County, IL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Saline county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Saline County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1845, Birth & Death Records from 1877 and Land Records from 1817. The County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds maintains records and issues certificates of vital statistics (birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates) for the entire County. The Recorder's duties are receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder’s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Saline County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Probate Records from 1847 and Court Records from 1848. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court, commonly known as the Circuit Clerk, is the keeper of the files and records of the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk's Office retains documents some of which include criminal law, chancery, support, probate, adoption, ect....
- Saline County Treasurer's Office is responsible for the statutory duties required as County Treasurer and as Ex-Officio County Collector of Real Estate Property Taxes and Drainage District Taxes for the entire county.
- Local Government Records Database provides a listing of the local governmental records held by the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) system
Saline County, Illinois Census Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1825-1865
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Saline County, Illinois Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1916 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1962 to present.
- Locations: Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702-2737; (217) 782-6553
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Saline County, Illinois Resources
- State of Illinois Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Illinois
- Saline County Genealogical Society, PO Box 4, 1600 Feazel St, Harrisburg IL 62946
- Southern Illinois University (SIU), Illinois Regional Archives Depository
- Saline County, Illinois Message Boards
Saline County, Illinois External Links
- Illinois Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Map of Saline County and its civil and congressional townships
- Saline County, Illinois Books - Amazon
- Saline Co., Illinois - FindaGrave
- Illinois Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fact Sheet for Saline County - Illinois State Archives
- Saline County, Illinois Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Illinois (1808 - 1922)
- Saline Co. ILGenweb
- Saline County, Illinois Ancestry Database Collections
- Saline County, Illinois Military Records