Massac County, Illinois Records
Massac County Cities, Towns & Villages include Brookport, Joppa, Metropolis
Massac County Precincts include Adkins, Benton, East Brooklyn, Franklin, Georges Creek, Grant, Hillerman, Jackson, Jefferson, Lincoln, Logan, Metropolis No. 1, Metropolis No. 2, Metropolis No. 3, Metropolis No. 4, Washington, West Brooklyn. View the Massac Federal Township Plats of Illinois from 1804-1891.
A Massac County, Illinois General Highway Maps includes County, City and Township maps which contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Massac County, Illinois Courthouse Records
Massac County, IL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Massac county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Massac County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1843, Birth & Death Records from 1877 and Land Records from 1843. The County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds maintains records and issues certificates of vital statistics (birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates) for the entire County. The Recorder's duties are receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder’s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Massac County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Probate Records from 1843 and Court Records from 1843. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court, commonly known as the Circuit Clerk, is the keeper of the files and records of the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk's Office retains documents some of which include criminal law, chancery, support, probate, adoption, ect....
- Massac County Treasurer's Office is responsible for the statutory duties required as County Treasurer and as Ex-Officio County Collector of Real Estate Property Taxes and Drainage District Taxes for the entire county.
- Local Government Records Database provides a listing of the local governmental records held by the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) system
Massac County, Illinois Census Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1825-1865
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Massac County, Illinois Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1916 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1962 to present.
- Locations: Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702-2737; (217) 782-6553
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Massac County, Illinois Resources
- State of Illinois Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Illinois
- Massac County Genealogical Society
- Southern Illinois University (SIU), Illinois Regional Archives Depository
- Massac County, Illinois Message Boards
Massac County, Illinois External Links
- Illinois Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Map of Massac County and its civil and congressional townships
- Massac County, Illinois Books - Amazon
- Massac Co., Illinois - FindaGrave
- Illinois Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fact Sheet for Massac County - Illinois State Archives
- Massac County, Illinois Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Illinois (1808 - 1922)
- Massac Co. ILGenweb
- Massac County, Illinois Ancestry Database Collections
- Massac County, Illinois Military Records