Mason County, Illinois Records
Mason County Cities, Towns & Villages include Bath, Biggs, Bishop, Easton, Forest City, Havana, Kilbourne, Manito, Mason City, Matanzas, Natrona, Poplar City, San Jose, Saidora, Snicarte, Teheran, Topeka, Union.
Mason County Townships include Kilbourne, Havana, Forest City, Allens Grove, Bath, Crane Creek, Quiver, Pennsylvania, Mason City, Lynchburg, Manito, Sherman, Salt Creek. View the Mason Federal Township Plats of Illinois from 1804-1891.
A Mason County, Illinois General Highway Maps includes County, City and Township maps which contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Mason County, Illinois Courthouse Records
Mason County, IL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Mason county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Mason County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1841, Birth & Death Records from 1877 and Land Records from 1827. The County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds maintains records and issues certificates of vital statistics (birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates) for the entire County. The Recorder's duties are receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder’s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Mason County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Probate Records from 1841 and Court Records from 1841. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court, commonly known as the Circuit Clerk, is the keeper of the files and records of the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk's Office retains documents some of which include criminal law, chancery, support, probate, adoption, ect....
- Mason County Treasurer's Office is responsible for the statutory duties required as County Treasurer and as Ex-Officio County Collector of Real Estate Property Taxes and Drainage District Taxes for the entire county.
- Local Government Records Database provides a listing of the local governmental records held by the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) system
Mason County, Illinois Census Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1825-1865
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Mason County, Illinois Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1916 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1962 to present.
- Locations: Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702-2737; (217) 782-6553
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Mason County, Illinois Resources
- State of Illinois Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Illinois
- Mason County Genealogical & Historical Society
- University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS), Illinois Regional Archives Depository
- Mason County, Illinois Message Boards
Mason County, Illinois External Links
- Illinois Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Map of Mason County and its civil and congressional townships
- Mason County, Illinois Books - Amazon
- Mason Co., Illinois - FindaGrave
- Illinois Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fact Sheet for Mason County - Illinois State Archives
- Mason County, Illinois Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Illinois (1808 - 1922)
- Mason Co. ILGenweb
- Mason County, Illinois Ancestry Database Collections
- Mason County, Illinois Military Records