Kendall County, Illinois Records
Kendall County Cities, Towns & Villages include Aurora, Boulder Hill, Bristol , Helmar, Joliet, Lisbon, Millbrook, Millington, Minooka, Montgomery, Newark, Oswego, Plainfield , Plano, Plattville, Sandwich, Yorkville, Little Rock.
Kendall County Townships include Lisbon, Little Rock, Kendall, Fox, Bristol, Big Grove, Oswego, Na-Au-Say, Seward. View the Kendall Federal Township Plats of Illinois from 1804-1891.
A Kendall County, Illinois General Highway Maps includes County, City and Township maps which contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Kendall County, Illinois Courthouse Records
Kendall County, IL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Kendall county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Kendall County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1835 and Birth & Death Records from 1877. The County Clerk maintains records and issues certificates of vital statistics (birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates) for the entire County.
- Kendall County Recorder of Deeds has Land Records from 1839. The County Recorder of Deeds serves the people of County by receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder’s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Kendall County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Probate Records from 1847 and Court Records from 1841. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court, commonly known as the Circuit Clerk, is the keeper of the files and records of the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk's Office retains documents some of which include criminal law, chancery, support, probate, adoption, ect....
- Kendall County Treasurer's Office is responsible for the statutory duties required as County Treasurer and as Ex-Officio County Collector of Real Estate Property Taxes and Drainage District Taxes for the entire county.
- Local Government Records Database provides a listing of the local governmental records held by the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) system
Kendall County, Illinois Census Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1825-1865
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Kendall County, Illinois Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1916 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1962 to present.
- Locations: Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702-2737; (217) 782-6553
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Kendall County, Illinois Resources
- State of Illinois Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Illinois
- Fox Valley Genealogical Society
- Kendall County Genealogical Society, PO Box 123, Yorkville, IL 60560-0123
- Kendall County Historical Society
- Northern Illinois University (NIU), Illinois Regional Archives Depository
- Little White School Museum
- Kendall County, Illinois Message Boards
Kendall County, Illinois External Links
- Illinois Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Map of Kendall County and its civil and congressional townships
- Kendall County, Illinois Books - Amazon
- Kendall Co., Illinois - FindaGrave
- Illinois Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fact Sheet for Kendall County - Illinois State Archives
- Kendall County, Illinois Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Illinois (1808 - 1922)
- Kendall Co. ILGenweb
- Kendall County, Illinois Ancestry Database Collections
- Kendall County, Illinois Military Records