Jasper County, Illinois Records
Jasper County, Illinois (Map It) was created on February 15, 1831 from Clay County and Crawford County. Jasper County was named for Sgt. William Jasper (c. 1750-1779), a Sergeant of the American Revolutionary War who, during the action in Charleston harbor, replaced the flag shot away at Fort Moultrie, and later was killed at Savannah in 1779.
Jasper County Cities, Towns & Villages include Newton, Ste. Marie, Hidalgo, Rose Hill, Wheeler, Willow Hill, Yale.
Jasper County Townships include Hunt City, Fox, Grandville, Grove, Crooked Creek, North Muddy, South Muddy, Smallwood, Sainte Marie, Wade, Willow Hill. View the Jasper Federal Township Plats of Illinois from 1804-1891.
A Jasper County, Illinois General Highway Maps includes County, City and Township maps which contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Jasper County, Illinois Courthouse Records
Jasper County, IL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Jasper county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Jasper County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1835, Birth & Death Records from 1877 and Land Records from 1835. The County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds maintains records and issues certificates of vital statistics (birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates) for the entire County. The Recorder's duties are receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder’s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Jasper County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Probate Records from 1835 and Court Records from 1835. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court, commonly known as the Circuit Clerk, is the keeper of the files and records of the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk's Office retains documents some of which include criminal law, chancery, support, probate, adoption, ect....
- Jasper County Treasurer's Office is responsible for the statutory duties required as County Treasurer and as Ex-Officio County Collector of Real Estate Property Taxes and Drainage District Taxes for the entire county.
- Local Government Records Database provides a listing of the local governmental records held by the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) system
Jasper County, Illinois Census Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1825-1865
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Jasper County, Illinois Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1916 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1962 to present.
- Locations: Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702-2737; (217) 782-6553
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Jasper County, Illinois Resources
- State of Illinois Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Illinois
- Jasper County Genealogical & Historical Society, 100 S. VanBuren, Newton, IL 62448
- Eastern Illinois University, Booth Library
- Jasper County, Illinois Message Boards
Jasper County, Illinois External Links
- Illinois Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Map of Jasper County and its civil and congressional townships
- Jasper County, Illinois Books - Amazon
- Jasper Co., Illinois - FindaGrave
- Illinois Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fact Sheet for Jasper County - Illinois State Archives
- Jasper County, Illinois Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Illinois (1808 - 1922)
- Jasper Co. ILGenweb
- Jasper County, Illinois Ancestry Database Collections
- Jasper County, Illinois Military Records