Greene County, Illinois Records
Greene County Cities, Towns & Villages include Carrollton, Greenfield, Roodhouse, White Hall, Eldred, Hillview, Kane, Rockbridge, Wilmington.
Greene County Townships include Linder, Kane, Bluffdale, Athensville, Carrollton, Patterson, Roodhouse, Rockbridge, Rubicon, Walkerville, White Hall, Wrights, Woodville. View the Greene Federal Township Plats of Illinois from 1804-1891.
A Greene County, Illinois General Highway Maps includes County, City and Township maps which contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Greene County, Illinois Courthouse Records
Greene County, IL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Greene county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Greene County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1821, Birth & Death Records from 1877 and Land Records from 1821. The County Clerk & Recorder of Deeds maintains records and issues certificates of vital statistics (birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates) for the entire County. The Recorder's duties are receiving, filing and maintaining all records related to real property in our county. These documents range from all types of conveyance deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, as well as, assorted federal, state and local liens. The Recorder’s office is responsible for the recordation and storage of plats of subdivision, land surveys and monument records. Many other types of miscellaneous documents are recorded, such as; foreign birth certificates, foreign marriage licenses, and military discharge paperwork to name a few.
- Greene County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Probate Records from 1821 and Court Records from 1821. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court, commonly known as the Circuit Clerk, is the keeper of the files and records of the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk's Office retains documents some of which include criminal law, chancery, support, probate, adoption, ect....
- Greene County Treasurer's Office is responsible for the statutory duties required as County Treasurer and as Ex-Officio County Collector of Real Estate Property Taxes and Drainage District Taxes for the entire county.
- Local Government Records Database provides a listing of the local governmental records held by the Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) system
Greene County, Illinois Census Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1825-1865
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Greene County, Illinois Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Illinois Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1916 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1962 to present.
- Locations: Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702-2737; (217) 782-6553
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Greene County, Illinois Resources
- State of Illinois Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Illinois
- Greene County Genealogical & Historical Society
- University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS), Illinois Regional Archives Depository
- Greene County, Illinois Message Boards
Greene County, Illinois External Links
- Illinois Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Map of Greene County and its civil and congressional townships
- Greene County, Illinois Books - Amazon
- Greene Co., Illinois - FindaGrave
- Illinois Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fact Sheet for Greene County - Illinois State Archives
- Greene County, Illinois Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Illinois (1808 - 1922)
- Greene Co. ILGenweb
- Greene County, Illinois Ancestry Database Collections
- Greene County, Illinois Military Records